Live Plastic Surgery Videos
Join us on SnapChat to see our doctors perform live procedures
About the Practice Meet Dr. William Hedden
William J. Hedden, M.D.
Dr. William J. Hedden is dedicated to excellence in plastic surgery with a personal touch. He believes that exceeding your expectations means providing you with outstanding results and an unparalleled level of personalized care and support. Dr. Hedden is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and an active member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
Plastic Surgeon in Birmingham, Alabama
Dr. William Hedden is a leading expert in the field of cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery and the founder of Hedden Plastic Surgery. To Dr. Hedden, the promise of plastic surgery is to see his patients' dreams become reality by helping them achieve a more beautiful appearance and a true sense of inner happiness.
Dr. Hedden listens to your goals for aesthetic surgery and works with you to develop a treatment plan that can change your life. As a result of Dr. Hedden's unwavering commitment to the complete satisfaction of each patient, our cosmetic surgery center in Birmingham, Alabama welcomes patients from across the country and around the world who are ready for a plastic surgery experience that is second to none.
As a member of the Mentor LEAD Advisory Board, Dr. Hedden is part of a select group of plastic surgeons invited each year to discuss the latest advancements and innovations in breast augmentation technology. He was selected as a Castle Connolly Top Doctor and voted by the readers of Birmingham Magazine as one of the best plastic surgeons in Birmingham. Dr. Hedden is active on RealSelf.com as a Top Doctor who answers questions on topics of patient interest.
Dr. Hedden performed his undergraduate work at the University of Florida, where he majored in sculpting and anatomy. He went on to earn his medical degree (M.D.) at the University of South Florida College of Medicine in Tampa. Dr. Hedden's training in surgery continued with a residency at Louisiana State University Medical Center in Shreveport, where he was chief resident. He then completed his plastic surgery residency at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB).
Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. William Hedden is a member of a number of prestigious professional organizations, including the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, the American College of Surgeons, the Alabama Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, and the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery.
Dr. Hedden's hospital affiliations in the Birmingham, Alabama area include Trinity Medical Center, Brookwood Medical Center and Children's Hospital.
Extensively trained and experienced in plastic surgery procedures for the body, breasts, face and skin, Dr. William Hedden can help you explore the most up-to-date options for improving virtually any aspect of your appearance. Choosing Dr. Hedden as your plastic surgeon means that you will always be treated with compassion and respect while gaining a long-term partner in your beauty and well-being.
Certifications and Professional Organizations
- American Board of Plastic Surgery — Dr. Hedden is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS), one of 24 medical specialty boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS). He is also certified by the American Board of Surgery (ABS).
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons — Dr. Hedden is an active member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), the world's largest plastic surgery specialty organization.
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery — Dr. Hedden is a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), the society solely dedicated to aesthetic procedures.
- American College of Surgeons — Dr. Hedden is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS), which sets high standards for surgical education and practice.
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery — Dr. Hedden is a member of the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS), which is dedicated to medical laser and energy applications.
- International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery — Dr. Hedden is a member of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS), the authority on hair loss treatment and restoration.
- Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons — Dr. Hedden is a member of the SESPRS, which maintains professional excellence through quality education.
- American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities — Dr. Hedden performs most procedures at our Outpatient Surgery Suite, which is fully AAAASF accredited for patient safety.
Education & Training
- University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) — Birmingham, Alabama
Resident in Plastic Surgery, 1999-2001
- Louisiana State University Medical Center — Shreveport, Louisiana
Resident in Surgery, 1994-1999
Diplomat to National Board of Medical Examiners, 1994
Chief Resident, 1998-1999
- University of South Florida — Tampa, Florida
Doctorate of Medicine, 1993
- University of Florida — Gainesville, Florida
Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies (with honors), 1987
- Broward Community College — Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Associate of Arts (with honors), 1984