Dreams Becoming Reality
Birmingham Magazine, December 2005
For Birmingham plastic surgeon William Hedden, M.D., his dream of bringing a comprehensive plastic surgery practice to Alabama which would mesh his sculpting and medical talents has been realized. Dr. Hedden is guided by the philosophy that he has a responsibility to help his patients make informed decisions with regard to achieving both inner and outer beauty. "I must consider the person in their entirety. Today's plastic surgery patients run the spectrum of ages and backgrounds, but the majority have one thing in common - they are health-conscious individuals who simply want to look as good as they feel. It is the outside matching the inside for these individuals."
This fine tuning can be achieved through a variety of surgical and non-surgical procedures. An individual may choose simple injectables to minimize fine lines around the eyes, forehead and mouth such as Botox and Restylane. Other patients desire more dramatic results which can only be achieved through surgery. "No matter what their desires, I try to help them in making an educated decision with regard to all the available options."
Dr. Hedden is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and a fellow with the American College of Surgeons. He specializes in cosmetic surgery of the face, eyes and neck as well as Abdominoplasty (tummy tucks), Breast Augmentation, Breast Reduction, Liposuction, Otoplasty and Rhinoplasty.
Spa Greystone is a full-service medical spa that offers a range of services to relax and rejuvenate you.
- Facials — The ultimate pampering, nothing else can make you feel so luxurious.
- Peels — Specially formulated to invigorate damaged, lack luster skin. Peels can be done to your face, neck, décolleté, hands, arms and back.
- Microdermabrasion — A deep exfoliation treatment that normalizes the skin and cleanses the pores, while polishing and refining the skin's surface.
- Therapeutic & Aromatic Massage — Need we say more?
- Endermologie — The ultimate in skin conditioning and toning. Renews the tone of your skin using a massage technique that assists in reducing the appearance of cellulite.
- Laser Photo Facial — A non-surgical procedure to improve your skin's texture, tone and color on your face, chest, arms and hands.
- Laser Resurfacing — Uses high energy to tighten and improve skin texture with dramatic results.
- Laser Vein Treatment — Treats a broad range of vessels from tiny spider veins to deep blue reticular veins quickly and effectively.
- Laser Hair Removal — No more painful waxing, electrolysis or razors!