Live Plastic Surgery Videos
Join us on SnapChat to see live procedures!
About the Practice Meet Dr. Jude LaBarbera
M. Jude LaBarbera, M.D.
Dr. M. Jude LaBarbera is committed to delivering the highest quality of surgical excellence and a superior level of care for each patient. With skill and expertise in the latest cosmetic surgery techniques, Dr. LaBarbera can help you achieve beautiful, natural results that can enhance not only your appearance but also the way you see the world. He is devoted to listening to your needs and providing you with complete support during each step of your aesthetic journey.
Cosmetic Surgery in Birmingham, Alabama
Dr. Jude LaBarbera has joined the internationally known practice of Hedden Plastic Surgery, adding his surgical expertise and passion for providing his patients with optimal care. Dr. LaBarbera is a talented plastic surgeon who is exceptionally trained in today's most advanced surgical procedures and non-surgical treatments. With a full range of aesthetic surgery options for men and women, Dr. LaBarbera can help you feel more beautiful at any age.
Dr. LaBarbera is ready to reveal your full potential with today's most popular cosmetic procedures including breast enhancement, body contouring, as well as facial rejuvenation with both surgical and non-surgical techniques. As a highly trained surgeon in Birmingham, Alabama, his knowledge, surgical talents and patient-focused approach ensure that you are guided by caring hands throughout your experience at Hedden Plastic Surgery.
Assisted by Hedden Plastic Surgery's caring medical staff, Dr. LaBarbera will work with you to design an individualized treatment plan that is as unique as you are. Schedule your free consultation for cosmetic surgery with Dr. Jude LaBarbera today to find out more about having your procedure in a patient-friendly environment that holds your safety as top priority.
A native of Amite, Louisiana, Dr. LaBarbera attended Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in New Orleans, graduating with a bachelor's degree in nursing, and went on to earn his Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) degree. Dr. LaBarbera's world-class surgical training continued with a general surgery residency at Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center in Phoenix. He then completed his plastic surgery residency in Chicago at Loyola University Medical Center. During both of his surgical residencies, Dr. LaBarbera demonstrated the leadership and skills necessary to achieve Chief Resident status.
M. Jude LaBarbera, M.D. is fully trained and board certified in general surgery by the American Board of Surgery (ABS). Dr. LaBarbera is board eligible for certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS) and a candidate for membership of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS).
Dr. LaBarbera has received special training in rhinoplasty and the highly technical field of microsurgery. He has authored publications and presentations on a variety of important subjects, including ways to minimize the scars that result from surgical procedures performed on different parts of the body.
Certifications and Professional Organizations
- American Board of Surgery — M. Jude LaBarbera, M.D. is certified by the American Board of Surgery (ABS), one of 24 medical specialty boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS).
- American Board of Plastic Surgery — Dr. LaBarbera is board eligible for the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS).
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons — Dr. LaBarbera is a candidate for active membership with the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS).
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery — Dr. LaBarbera is a candidate for membership with the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), the society solely dedicated to aesthetic procedures.
- Midwestern Association of Plastic Surgeons — Dr. LaBarbera is a member of the MAPS.
- American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities — Dr. LaBarbera performs most procedures at our Outpatient Surgery Suite, which is fully AAAASF accredited for patient safety.
Education & Training
- Loyola University Medical Center — Maywood, Illinois
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Resident, 2014-2017
Chief Resident, 2016-2017
MAGIS Star Award for Exceptionalism in Patient Care, Oct. 2016
- Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center — Phoenix, Arizona
General Surgery Resident, 2009-2014
Chief Resident, 2013-2014
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center — New Orleans, Louisiana
Doctor of Medicine (M.D.), 2005–2009
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, 1998–2002
TOPS Scholarship Recipient