Meet Dr. Schaffer
Live Plastic Surgery Videos
Join us on SnapChat to see our doctors perform live procedures
About the Practice Dr. Christopher Schaffer
Christopher J. Schaffer, M.D.
Dr. Christopher J. Schaffer has a true passion for excellence in the art of cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery. He offers extensive experience and a strong commitment to the complete safety and satisfaction of each patient.
Birmingham, Alabama Plastic Surgery
Dr. Christopher Schaffer has years of experience in the latest surgical and nonsurgical aesthetic procedures for the face, breasts, body and skin. His goal is to deliver the very best in aesthetic results with an unmatched attention to exceptional patient care.
Dr. Schaffer is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and nationally acclaimed as an expert and an innovator in the field of plastic surgery. As a member of the Mentor LEAD Advisory Board, he has been honored as one of a prestigious group of plastic surgeons selected for their leadership and experience in breast augmentation and breast aesthetics.
After graduated from the University of Nebraska, where he majored in Life Sciences, Dr. Christopher Schaffer earned his medical doctorate from the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha. He completed residencies at Temple University Hospital, Vanderbilt University Medical Center and the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Dr. Schaffer served for 16 years in the Army Reserve Medical Corps, obtaining the rank of Major, and was deployed in both Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Dr. Schaffer is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, the Alabama Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons and the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery. He is committed to the highest standards of excellence in personalized treatment planning and patient care.
Call 205-980-1744 to schedule your complimentary cosmetic surgery consultation with board certified plastic surgeon Christopher J. Schaffer, M.D., at our Birmingham, Alabama plastic surgery practice.
Certifications and Professional Memberships
- American Board of Plastic Surgery — Dr. Schaffer is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS), which is one of 24 specialty boards that comprise the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS). Certification by the ABPS is attained by completing extensive training and passing rigorous examinations.
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons — Dr. Schaffer is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), which is the largest organization of board-certified plastic surgeons in the world. ASPS comprises more than 90% of all board-certified plastic surgeons in the United States. The Society represents physicians certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery — Dr. Schaffer is a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), which is the leading professional organization of plastic surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who specialize in cosmetic plastic surgery. The ASAPS is at the forefront of innovation in aesthetic plastic surgery around the world.
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery — Dr. Schaffer is a member of the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS), which promotes excellence in patient care by advancing biomedical application of lasers and other related technologies. The vision of the ASLMS is to be the world's preeminent resource for biomedical laser and other related technologies research, education and clinical knowledge.
Education & Training
- University of Nebraska — Lincoln, Nebraska
- University of Nebraska Medical Center — Omaha, Nebraska
Medical School, 1992
- Temple University Hospital — Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
General Surgery Residency, 1994
- Vanderbilt University Hospital — Nashville, Tennessee
General Surgery Residency, 1998
- University of Alabama at Birmingham — Birmingham, Alabama
Plastic Surgery Residency, 2000