Botox at Hedden Plastic Surgery & Spa Greystone
Treatments with BOTOX® Cosmetic at Hedden Plastic Surgery in Birmingham, Alabama temporarily improve the appearance of frown lines, crow's feet, laugh lines and other wrinkles. Treatment is quick and minimally invasive, requiring only a few tiny injections into the muscles that cause frown lines.
BOTOX Cosmetic Cost: $250 per site
What is Botox Cosmetic?
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) in people 18 to 65 years of age for a temporary period of time.
Botox Cosmetic is administered as a simple, nonsurgical treatment that is injected directly into the muscles between the brows. It works by blocking nerve impulses to the injected muscles. This reduces muscle activity that causes moderate to severe lines to form between the brows. Individual results may vary.
How Does Botox Work?
Botox is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of the "11s," the moderate-to-severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines). It works by blocking nerve impulses to the injected muscles. This reduces muscle activity that causes moderate to severe lines to form between the brows.
When Will I See Results from a Botox Treatment?
Within days, you may see a marked improvement in the moderate-to-severe frown lines between your brows. Lines continue to improve for up to 30 days, and results can last for up to 4 months. Individual results may vary.
How Long Does Botox Last?
Visible results have been shown to last up to 4 months. Your own results may vary — be sure to talk us about what you can expect and when to schedule your next appointment.
Is Treatment with Botox Painful?
Discomfort is usually minimal and brief. Prior to injection, the area may be numbed with a cold pack or anesthetic cream. The entire procedure takes approximately 10 minutes. Most patients are in and out without downtime following a Botox treatment.
Side effects associated with the injection include localized pain, infection, inflammation, tenderness, swelling, swelling, redness and/or bleeding/bruising.
Will I Still be Able to Make Facial Expressions?
Although the results are visible, a treatment with BOTOX Cosmetic (onabotulinumtoxinA) will not radically change your facial appearance or make you look as if you've "had work done." The muscle activity that causes frown lines between the brows is temporarily reduced, so you can still frown or look surprised without the wrinkles and creases between your brows.
Who Should Not Take Botox Cosmetic?
Do not take Botox Cosmetic if you:
- Are allergic to any of the ingredients in Botox or Botox Cosmetic.
- Had an allergic reaction to any other botulinum toxin product such as Myobloc® or Dysport®
- Have a skin infection at the planned injection site
You should not be treated with Botox Cosmetic if you have:
- A disease that affects your muscles and nerves (such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis [ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease], myasthenia gravis or Lambert-Eaton syndrome)
- Allergies to any botulinum toxin product
- Had any side effect from any botulinum toxin product in the past
- A breathing problem, such as asthma or emphysema
- Swallowing problems
- Bleeding problems
- Plans to have surgery
- Had surgery on your face
- Weakness of your forehead muscles, such as trouble raising your eyebrows
- Drooping eyelids
- Any other change in the way your face normally looks
- Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if Botox Cosmetic can harm your unborn baby.
- Are breast-feeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if Botox Cosmetic passes into breast milk.
What Are the Possible Side Effects of Botox Cosmetic?
Botox and Botox Cosmetic can cause serious side effects. Call our office at (205) 980-1744 or get medical help ight away if you have any of these problems after treatment with Botox or Botox Cosmetic:
- Problems swallowing, speaking, or breathing
- People with certain breathing problems may need to use muscles in their neck to help them breathe. These patients may be at greater risk for serious breathing problems with Botox or Botox Cosmetic.
- Swallowing problems may last for several months. People who cannot swallow well may need a feeding tube to receive food and water. If swallowing problems are severe, food or liquids may go into your lungs. People who already have swallowing or breathing problems before receiving Botox or Botox Cosmetic have the highest risk of getting these problems.
- Spread of toxin effects. In some cases, the effect of botulinum toxin may affect areas of the body away from the injection site and cause symptoms of a serious condition called botulism. The symptoms of botulism include loss of strength and muscle weakness all over the body; double vision; blurred vision and drooping eyelids; hoarseness or change or loss of voice (dysphonia); trouble saying words clearly (dysarthria); loss of bladder control; trouble breathing; and trouble swallowing
These symptoms can happen hours to weeks after you receive an injection of Botox or Botox Cosmetic.
There has not been a confirmed serious case of spread of toxin effect away from the injection site when Botox has been used at the recommended dose to treat severe underarm sweating, blepharospasm, or strabismus, or when Botox Cosmetic has been used at the recommended dose to treat frown lines.
Other side effects of Botox Cosmetic include:
- Dry mouth
- Discomfort or pain at the injection site
- Neck pain
- Eye problems such as double vision, blurred vision, decreased eyesight, drooping eyelids, swelling of your eyelids, and dry eyes
- Allergic reactions; symptoms of an allergic reaction to Botox or Botox Cosmetic may include: itching, rash, red itchy welts, wheezing, asthma symptoms, or dizziness or feeling faint. Call our office at (205) 980-1744 or get medical help right away if you are wheezing or have asthma symptoms, or if you become dizzy or faint.
These are not all the possible side effects of Botox and Botox Cosmetic. Please contact us for more information or if you have any side effect that bothers you or does not go away.
What Will Happen if I Choose Not to Continue Treatments?
If you do not continue treatments, the moderate-to-severe frown lines between your brows will gradually return to the way they looked before treatment.
To find out more about treating moderate to severe frown lines with BOTOX in Birmingham, Alabama, please contact Hedden Plastic Surgery & Spa Greystone today.
Contact Us Today
Hedden Plastic Surgery & Spa Greystone
Greystone Cosmetic Center
140 Village St., Suite 100
Birmingham, AL 35242
phone: (205) 980-1744
toll-free: (800) 433-3366
Receive exclusive special offers and invitations by enrolling in the Brilliant Distinctions Program for BOTOX Cosmetic, JUVÉDERM and LATISSÉ.
Visit BotoxVIP.com to find out more about maintaining your younger look with cosmetic injectable treatments.